A good combination of soft and yummy cake with greek yogurt and blueberries. It was so delicious, fluffy, light and low fat cake for everyone.
6 inch round pan
• 3, large egg yolks
• 45g greek yogurt, or your favorite yogurt
• 15g sunflower oil, corn oil
• 50g cake flour, sieved
• 3 egg whites
• 1/4 tsp cream of tartar.
• 50g sugar
• 150g fresh blueberries, fully ripen
• 2 tbsp cake flour, sieved
1) In a large bowl, Add egg yolks, yogurt, oil and mix together sieved cake flour. Lightly whisk until just combined. Don't overmix your batter!
2) In another clean and dry bowl, whisk egg whites for a second and until foamy then add cream of tartar or lemon juice and adding sugar a little bit at a time until firm to stiff peaks, the peak stands straight up when the beaters are lifted from the mixture about 5 minutes.
3) Carefully folding cake batter into a whites, and mix until incorporated. Pour half of the batter into a separate bowl, combine well. Coat ripe blueberries with flour and add to mixture.
4) Pour batter into your prepared cake pan. smooth it out evenly to the edges. Bang the cake pan onto the work surface to remove any air bubbles.
5) To prepare a water bath. Pour enough cold water in a larger pan. Bake in no preheated oven 150°C for 10 minutes, take it out and use a sharp knife to cut the top of cake and continue bake for another 35-40 minutes. Bake with lower rack and both top and bottom heat with fan assisted. Baking time it will depend on the size of your cake pan. To make sure your cake to succeed even better. It is best to use an oven thermometer and you'll always have the exact temperature of your oven in mind.
6) Once cooked, leave to cool 10 minutes in the oven. Dropping the cake pan from high once. Make sure cakes are properly cooled. Peel off parchment paper and cut into slices to serve.
1) If you going to make only one 2lb loaf, or 6 inch cake pan. You can only used 3 eggs and cut off everything's in half on the above recipe, and the baking time is exactly the same.
2) It's important to follow exactly this recipe and baking at the right temperature. Do not bake the cake quickly at a high temperature and don't remove hot cake out of a baking pan. otherwise the cake could fall apart and crack on top. Baking cake at a lower temperature will help the cake rise much higher and bake more evenly.
3) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently. You should also check the temperature of your oven. if not, your cake won't rise well.
4) You can test the cake by poking it with a skewer, if it's cooked the skewer will come out clean. if not pop it back in the oven and bake until it's ready.
5) Folding egg whites into a cake batter. Do not stir and never use an electric mixer.
6) Use a clean, dry bowl, free of yolk and any other oil or grease while beating egg whites. Do not over or under-beat the egg whites.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk