• 113g, 1/2 cup, 125ml boiling hot water
• 25g, 2 tbsp bread flour
= • 100g-120g water-roux
• 65g cold milk
• 1 whole egg
• 20g, 2 tbsp sugar
• 18g, 2 tbsp milk powder
• 240g bread flour
• 30g cake flour
• 5g, 1 tsp dried yeast
• 25g, soften butter
• a pinch of sea salt or 1/4 tsp normal salt
• Whisk 1 egg yolk for brushing the crust
• or melted butter to give the crust a super shine
Bread dough method:
1) In a large bowl, Just use boiling hot water to add to the bread flour to make a water roux, then add cold milk, egg, sugar, milk powder, bread flour and dried yeast. mix well.
2) Kneading the dough by hand, about 10 minutes. Adding soften butter, push the dough up and down, beat until no longer stick to your hands.
3) Place smooth dough in a lightly greased, large mixing bowl. Rise in the room temperature for 1 hour until triple in sized. (or allow to cold rise: cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in upper or second rack of refrigerator overnight).
4) When risen. Transfer the whole dough to a floured work surface. Use a kitchen scale for calculate the ''whole dough'' and divide the weight by the number of pieces you want.
5) Forming it into a ball. pressing it down and roll out into a rectangle. Place the dough onto a baking tray and rise again for another 30 minutes or 1 hour in the warm place until double in sized. Ideal rise temperatures are between 35°C. If it's a winter day, the common problem is that dough won't rise. Using a warm oven by turn your oven on and off or with boiled water on the underneath to help your dough rise perfectly.
7) Brushing the crust with whisked egg yolk on top. Bake in preheated oven 150°C for 25 minutes. Everyone's oven is different, you have to adjusting the temperature and baking time.
8) Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm!
1) It's recommended to use an oven thermometer.
2) Store a bread in an airtight bag or airtight container and keep fresh for 2 days or kept in a freezer for 1 month. To reheating and serve, After defrost the bread, It can be wrapped in aluminum foil in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
3) Yeast is best stored in the refrigerator, as the fungud in it will be killed at high temperatures. Before using yeast check the production date and storage life of your yeast. Refrigerate it as soon as possible after each use. The main cause of bread falling to rise is bad yeast.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk