This was absolutely one of my all time favourite fillings, it had addicting bakery aroma, they just tasted like heavenly, slightly aroma, and average sweet, wasn't too sweet and better balance. It commonly called 豆沙 is a sweetened red bean paste often used as a filling in breads and pastries.
3/4 cup adzuki beans
4 cups cold water
2 pieces Chinese brown sugar
or 1 cup granulated sugar
25g slightly salted butter
1 tbsp corn flour + 2 tbsp cold water
stir well and set aside.
1) Wash the beans and soak for 30 minutes or overnight, drain the water.
2) Place beans in a casserole, Add cold water and bring to a boil over middle heat. Cook for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Before 15 minutes, Add sugar, corn flour and water, and continue cooking until done.
3) Allow to cool completely and blend on high speed until smooth.
4) Heat up the pan and melt the butter. Add red bean mixture and reduce heat to middle low, stir until it thickens about 1 hour. It's depends, some might work at a much slower or faster.
5) Letting the red bean paste cool before putting in the fridge. It will keep well for 5 days or freezer up to 12 days. To allow them soften in the room temperature. Refreezing not advised from either a safety or quality point of view. Divide the red bean paste into 16 portions of rough balls or whatever you desire.
If you don't inclination to stand at the stove, you'll at least come back every 15 for repeat the stirring process and keep an eye on the stove in case the red bean paste will burn.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk