These are by far the best results I had tried and achieving a perfectly light, soft, fluffy and moist tiger or zebra cakes. It can be kept at room temperature for 2-3 days.
(A) Egg yolks:
• 3 egg yolks
• 22g sugar
• 25g corn oil
• 6g vanilla extract
• 28g milk
• 48g cake flour
(B) Egg whites:
• 3 egg whites
• 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
• 40g sugar
• 1 tbsp cocoa powder
1) In a bowl, mix (A) egg yolks, sugar, corn oil, vanilla and milk. Sift in the cake flour and whisk until smooth.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk (B) egg whites until foamy then add cream of tartar and sugar a little bit at a time until to a thick and stiff peak stage, about 3 minutes.
3) Folding cake batter into a whites, and mix until incorporated.
4) Pour half of the batter into a separate bowl, and add the (C) cocoa powder, mix until well combined. Spoon two tablespoons of the plain batter into the centre of the 6-inch cake pan. then add two tablespoons of the cocoa batter on top and repeat until all batter has been used.
5) Use a large baking pan for a hot water bath and Preheat the oven to 150°C and Bake for 45 minutes.
6) Once cooked, leave to cool at least 15 minutes, and remove from the oven.
1) Do not over or under-beat the egg whites.
2) Baking cake at a lower temperature will help the cake rise much higher and bake more evenly.
3) Do not bake the cake quickly at a high temperature and don't remove hot cake out of a baking pan. otherwise the cake could fall apart and crack on top.
4) You can just add one batter on top of the other and create swirls with a fork to create the marbled effect,
5) Fold the batter into a egg whites. Cut the egg whites into the mixture.
Don't stir and never use an electric mixer for this.
6) Beating egg whites is a very important process, It will help your cakes rise with perfectly.
7) Cover with foil after a few minutes if the cake of top starts to get brown and continue rising
nicely with a golden top.
8) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently.
You should also check the temperature of your oven. if not, your cake won't rise well.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk