Oh Joy, This is my top favourite cotton cheesecake, it's my one and only! A cake that's sure to put a smile on anyone's face.
● 360g cheese spread
● 145g whole milk
● 36g sugar
● 72g egg yolks
● 55g cake flour
● 47g corn flour
● 152g egg whites
● 96g sugar
You will need two 6-inch round baking pan. Line with the prepared round of parchment paper
in the bottom and the sides and grease with butter.
1) Melting cream cheese in double boiler, Add the milk and sugar, stir until well blended. Slowly adding the egg yolks and mixing thoroughly.
2) Add in sifted cake flour and corn flour, and beat well.
3) Whisk egg whites and add the sugar a bit at a time in another bowl until to a thick and stiff peak stage, about 3 minutes. Add the egg tolk mixtures and continue the folding movement until well incorporated.
4) Pour the cake batter into two 6-inch cheese cake pans and Use a large baking pan for a hot water bath.
5) Preheat the oven to 130°C, turn the heat up to down, fan oven. Bake for 30 minutes. After then increase to 150°C and Bake for 1 hour.
6) Once cooked, leave to cool at least 15 minutes, and remove from the oven. Serve or chill in a fridge overnight. Use a sharp and hot knife to cut the cake and present individual plated.
1) Store in covered containers in the fridge and consumed within 3 days or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
2) Do not over-beat the egg whites.
3) Baking cake at a lower temperature will help the cake rise much higherand bake more evenly.4) Do not bake the cake quickly at a high temperature.and don't remove hot cake out of a baking pan. otherwise the cake could fall apart and crack on top.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk