Makes 28 (Small)
1 cup glutinous rice flour
¼ cup wheat starch
3 sweet potatoes, about 520g
(cooked and peeled)
1 tablespoon corn oil
1 pieces coconut sugar 75g
shredded coconut, for coating
- No Water Required -
1. Breaking up coconut sugar with a pestle & mortar.
2. Wash the sweet potatoes in running water. Put the potatoes into a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat.
Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes is tenderness. Once cooked, Peel the potatoes and mash them without mercy.
3. In a large bowl, add 1 cup glutinous rice flour and ¼ cup wheat starch, fold in mashes potato while is still warm.
4. Use your spatula to mix well until just combined. Add 1 tbsp corn oil, knead into a dough.
Allow to sit and store in refrigerator for overnight.
5. In the next day, Roll and cut the dough into 16 equal portions, filled and wrapped with some chopped coconut sugar. Shaped into a small balls, repeat this step with the remaining dough.
6. Bring a pot of water to boil. Gently drop the rice balls into the boiling water and cook until they float to the surface.
7. Drain out the balls and roll each with shredded coconut to coat evenly.
Serve and Enjoy!
1. Let the dough sit in the fridge overnight, It seems like gives this
glutinous rice balls flavour and a delightfully chewy texture.
2. Put the uncooked Tangyuan in freezer bags zip slide or container
and can be frozen within 1 to 3 months for best flavor and quality.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk