• 2 cups bread flour
• 4 tbsp cake flour
• 2 tsp allinson yeast
• 1 cup cold milk
• 4 tsp sugar
• 1 tbsp olive oil
---35g each dough---
---25g each dough---
• 2 egg yolks
• 4 tbsp granulated sugar
• 40g salted butter ( at room temperature)
• 11 tbsp desiccated coconut
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the glaze:
• 2 tbsp golden syrup
• 1 tbsp hot water
Mix well and ready to use
You can also melt the golden syrup in a pan or melt the salted butter and brush the buns in the middle baking and after baking, It will give a nice shine.
1) Place the (A) ingredients, bread flour, cake flour, yeast, cold milk and sugar into the bread pan. close the lid gently.
2) Press the MENU button until desired program ''raw dough'' is selected. so that the machine does all the mixing and kneading. Once the process has been completed ''stir 1'', open the lid, add 1 tbsp olive oil to the bread pan, and continue ''stir 2'' until beeps will signal.
3) Press the MENU button until you reach ''ferment''. The bread maker will allow your dough to rise for 30 minutes giving the dough more depth flavor or until beep to signal and then you take it out of the machine.
4) Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, punch down the dough, and cut into 2 equal pieces. Cut each piece 35g, into 18 pieces total. Scoop a tablespoon of filling onto the centre. Pull and pinch the edges of the dough together. Repeat with the remaining dough and place on the baking tray.
5) Rise in the oven with boiled water on the underneath for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until double or triple in sized. Bake in the preheated oven 150°c, until the buns are golden brown, about 30 minutes. (Baking time depends on the size and shape of the bread being baked).
6) Brushing the crust with sugar water or melted butter in the middle baking. Sprinkle each bun with a few desiccated coconut on top. Had a yummy buns and a cuppa tea, and could not fault it at all.
1) Yeast is best stored in the refrigerator, as the fungud in it will be killed at high temperatures. Before using yeast check the production date and storage life of your yeast. Refrigerate it as soon as possible after each use. The main cause of bread failling to rise is bad yeast.
2) You still can use the same recipe and knead by hand or stand mixer instead.
3) This buns will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days at room temperature or up to 1 month in the freezer.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk