Why not bake your own Leopard print bread? You will have a very long relationship with ''bread''. Most probably when you are working very hard to make this beautiful loaf and invest in a new starter. For this lesson, I used my cold fermentation dough method and adjust to roll into 8 long log and cut half into 16. I suggest you use a stand mixer or bread machine if you have one. Because the kneading process will take longer than usual. Anyhow, you feel extremely tired. but you have been much happier with the final results. From starts, mixing, rising time usually takes longer. you can proofing the dough in the refrigerator at least 1 hour or overnight. Then take the dough out, kneading the dough until unstick, smooth and elastic. Separate the dough into 3. ''brown chocolate'', ''dark chocolate'' and ''plain'', then proofing in the warm place for 2 hours until double or triple in sized. Shaping and proofing again for 1 hour in the oven and finally baking. So now, Let get started.
● 21/2 bread flour
● 2 tbsps milk powder
● 3 tbsps sugar
● 11/2 tsp dried yeast
● 1 cup whole milk (cold or warm)
● 25g salted butter
(melted or soften)
Brown Chocolate Patches:
● 1 tbsp chocolate powder
● 1 tbsps cocoa powder
● 2 tbsps whole milk
Dark Chocolate Patches:
● 3 tbsps cocoa powder
● 1 tsp instant coffee
● 2 tbsps whole milk
1) In a bowl, Add (A) ingredients and mix together until well combined. Cold proofing the dough at least 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
2) Take the dough out and Sprinkle a work surface with flour, then tip the dough onto it. Add in soften butter and knead up to down and beating until the dough is no longer as sticky and go ahead and work the dough with your hands, forming it into a ball, pressing it down and then divide in half, about 353g for plain dough and place in a clean bowl, cover with cling film, proof in the warm place for 2 hours.
Divide plain dough: 3 portions x 52g (large), 5 portions x 38g (Small). Adjust to score and shape to a round balls.
3) Remove 340g for brown and dark chocolate dough. I adjust 177g for brown chocolate dough, and 161g for dark chocolate dough. Now you have to add brown chocolate patches ingredients to a bowl, and add the mixture to the dough, knead by hand up to down, until the dough till colour is even. Once brown chocolate dough is done, place in another bowl and proof in the warm place for 2 hours.
Divide brown chocolate dough, 3 portions x 29g (large), 5 portions x 18g (Small). Adjust to score and shape to a round balls.
6) Add the dark brown patches ingredients to a bowl, and add the mixture to the dough, knead by hand up to down until the dough till colour is even. Once dark brown dough is done, Place in another bowl and proof in the warm place for 2 hours.
Divide the dark chocolate dough, 3 portions x 27g (large), 5 portions x 16g (Small). Adjusting the score and shape to a round balls.
7) Use a rolling pin, roll the brown chocolate dough into flat oval shape, then roll into a long log, and roll the dark chocolate dough and wrap in the brown, roll the plain and fully cover with the dough as the filling. Repeat the same for the rest.
8) Now, you have 8 long log, roll again until the length as double size as loaf pan. cut half into 16 long log. then place in the greased loaf pan, cover the lid and proof again in the warm place for 1 hour. (Suggested Rising Methods. Put the dough in the oven with 2 cups of hot/boiling water underneath and close the oven door). It's helps the dough almost at the top.
9) Preheat the oven to 170°C, and Bake for 40 minutes.
Everyone's oven is different, you have to adjusting the temperature and baking time. Cool in the tin for at least 25 minutes.
1) The weight of the dough in total, ''693g'.
2) Bread dough will absorb or lose moisture at different conditions of temperature and humidity. The weight of the finished dough are not same as the first dough you make, but at least you have 693g. you know you can refrigerate or freeze a extra dough or just bake it to serve as a buns.
3) All chocolate powders can vary in color from light reddish brown to a richer brown in difference between brands. You'll need to adjust a bit lighter than dark chocolate patches.
4) I suggest you use a stand mixer or bread machine if you have one. Because the kneading process will take longer to knead than usual.
5) You can use the same method by bread machine:
In a bread pan, Add (A) ingredients, Press ''raw dough'' setting, and press start. Knead until well combined. add 25g soften butter, press again ''raw dough'' setting and continue knead until unstick, smooth and elastic. Take the dough out, separate the dough to 3 doughs, plain, brown and dark chocolate. Place the plain dough in a bowl and proofing in the warm place for 1 - 2 hours. Use the same bread pan, Add the brown chocolate patches, and the 177g dough and press ''leaven dough'' setting and press start, stir until well combined, take it out the dough and proofing in the warm place for 1 - 2 hours. Continue and repeat the process, add the dark chocolate patches, and add the 161g dough, press again ''leaven dough'' setting and press start knead until colour is even. Press ''ferment'' setting and rise in the machine until beep. Then follow the instructional video. Roll and shape, and proofing again in the warm place for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 170c, bake for 40 minutes.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk